By Valeri Mumford
Selling your house could be really stressful, but here are 5 things to remember.
1) First Impressions: Think about walking into a place for the first time. What did you think about it? How did you feel? These are questions to think bout when staging and selling your home. The first impression is very important to a buyer.
2) Pricing: The price of your home is what gets the buyers interested. Make sure to have your house priced with the market. If you start out too high, you will eventually be reducing the price to get it to sell. This could result in potential buyers purchasing something else.
3) Hide the pets: This goes back to first impressions. If a buyer walks into the house and there is a strong pet odor, it could detour them from actually looking at the property. I’ve seen buyers hurry through a property due to being allergic to a certain pet, or due to odor. We all love our cats and dogs, but the non pet lovers or the allergic can’t look past it.
4) The Kitchen: A Kitchen is the vital part of the house. It can make or break a sale. Make sure it sparkles and the dishes are done. Clean the grease off the cabinets and walls. Make sure your stove top, oven and microwave are always clean. Buyers do often peek inside. Lastly, keep the table neat and shining.
5) Be Ready to Show: Yes, we understand you still have to live there, but buyers don’t always give the REALTOR 24 hour notice. Sometimes they drive by and just can’t wait until tomorrow to look. I suggest doing quick pick ups before bed and before work. Leave with the beds made and the dishes done. You never know when a phone call for a showing will come in, and that is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
I’ve just given you 5 things to remember when selling your home. If you keep these things in mind, your house will be sold in no time.
For More Information about Northwest Missouri, Please
Contact Century 21 Crossroads
Today at (816) 632-4884
Resources and Tools
- Mortgage Calculator and Affordability Calculator
- Elementary and High School Local Information
- Walk Score of Surrounding Areas and Find Local Businesses In The Area
- Home Valuation Graphs and Local Graphs for Real Estate Conditions
- Read more information